Tarong Northern Land Ash Emplacement Project
|EIS status||Approved with conditions|
|Description||New ash storage facilities servicing the Tarong and Tarong North power stations, including one with a final capacity of 45 million m3 (Stage 1).|
|Proponent||Tarong Energy Corporation Ltd|
|Location/s||12.5 km south-east of Nanango. Map|
|Local government/s||South Burnett Regional Council|
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Key environmental impact statement (EIS) documents
- Coordinator-General's report on EIS ( 429 KB), November 2007
- Environmental impact statement, November 2006
- Terms of reference for EIS ( 230 KB), July 2006
- Initial advice statement ( 465 KB), October 2005
Stage 2 of the project will proceed only if there is an identified need for additional ash storage.
Australian Government approval
Project not deemed a controlled action by Commonwealth Minister for the Environment.
Last updated: Tuesday, Jul 21, 2020