Manufacturing Queensland's Super Grid
The Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan sets out a path to transform the power system by 2035 with over $62 billion of estimated capital projects to be funded across public and private sectors.
The Queensland Government is interested in working with manufacturing and assembly businesses who can support the delivery of the renewable energy components required to deliver the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan.
Support for businesses
The plan represents a long-term and material opportunity for all relevant manufacturing businesses to accelerate, establish or expand their operations in Queensland. The Queensland Government may consider providing individual businesses with support options.
We have a network of 11 regional offices that provide strategic support and regional development services throughout Queensland. Their work is focused on three key objectives: expanding businesses, growing industry and developing our regions.
- providing targeted local support to create jobs, investment and a pipeline of regional projects and services to enable delivery of the government’s priority sector roadmaps and strategies
- working closely with business, local governments and regional economic development organisations to identify distinct opportunities and advantages for industries with significant potential to attract new investment, expand business and drive local economies forward.
Contact your local regional office for more information on these support services.
The department offers a series of Business Capability Development Workshops including the following:
- Writing an Effective Capability Statement Workshop - Articulating your value to Customers
- Tendering for Business Workshop - Help you to prepare comprehensive and conforming bids to tender for government and private sector contracts
- Contract Delivery – Learn how to understand and successfully deliver on a contract
View our workshops and seminars for further information.
You can find and register for local events offered by our regional offices across Queensland:
- Bundaberg Burnett
- Fraser Coast and Gympie
- Darling Downs South West
- South East Queensland North
- South East Queensland South
- South East Queensland West
You can also find information to help you run and grow your business on business.qld.gov.au.
This includes information on: finance, accounting and profit; employing staff, marketing and sales, adapting to change and much more.
It also provides a useful business health check survey to help assess your business’ strengths and areas for improvement aimed at helping your business survive and thrive.
Last updated: 20 Dec 2023