The Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning is changing to the Department of State Development and Infrastructure. Work is underway to update this website. Read more about the new Ministerial portfolios.

Skip to content

Right to information

The Queensland Government has made a commitment to provide access to information held by the Government, unless on balance it is contrary to the public interest to provide that information.

The Right to Information Act 2009 (RTI Act) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (IP Act) came into effect on 1 July 2009.

Right to Information (RTI) aims to make more information available, provide equal access to information across all sectors of the community, and provide a framework for the lawful management and handling of individuals’ personal information.

Our website makes it easy to access information about the department, our services, finances, policies, registers and lists, as well as information released through RTI applications

Is the information you're looking for already available?

You can check to see if the information is already available through our:

You can also check with other areas of the department’s website that might have what you are looking for.

If the information is not available

If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact our Right to Information team on (07) 3452 6961 or by email at who can help determine if the information is accessible (including through an administrative release process), or if you need to make a formal RTI or IP application to access it.

If you need to make a formal RTI or IP access application to the department, you can do so in one of the following ways:

  • by post:
    Right to Information
    Department of State Development and Infrastructure
    PO Box 15009
    City East Qld 4002

Applications for documents of local government councils: Applications for documents held by local government councils must be submitted directly to the relevant local government council using the printable RTI application form. Please refer to the relevant council’s website or contact the council directly for details on how to submit an RTI or IP application to the council.

Amending personal information in documents

You can apply under the IP Act to amend your personal information in documents that you have previously accessed that you believe is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading.

If you need to make a formal application to amend your personal information, download the Information Privacy Personal Information Amendment Application form and submit a completed form to the department (in one of the ways set out above).

More information

Last updated: 09 Feb 2024