We're working to shape Queensland’s future by driving economic growth and enabling well-planned, inclusive and resilient local communities.
We connect with industry, businesses, community and government at all levels to create place-based solutions that leverage regional strengths and unlock sustainable growth. Success is:
- a future-focused, innovative, well-planned and diverse economy
- growth in investment and priority industry sectors
- coordinated, integrated, interconnected opportunities for regions, industry sectors and the private sectors
- leveraged opportunities to maximise jobs for Queenslanders in developments, priority industries and associated supply chains, and circular, localised economies
- sustainable, capable and accountable local governments enabling thriving local communities.
Hon Steven Miles is the Minister for State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning.
Nikki Boyd is the Assistant Minister for Local Government.
Damien Walker is the Director-General of the Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning.
View information about our departmental leaders.
Last updated: 09 Nov 2021