Queensland Government boards, committees and other government bodies play an important role in providing leadership, direction and advice across many areas of Queensland Government services.
The following boards, committees or other government bodies are within our Minister’s portfolio and contribute to the development of our state.
- Building Queensland (and the Building Queensland Board)
- Councillor Conduct Tribunal
- Economic Development Board
- Independent Assessor
- Local Government Change Commission
- Local Government Grants Commission
- Local Government Remuneration Commission
- North Queensland Defence Advisory Board
- Queensland Minister’s Advisory Council on Defence Industry and Jobs
- Queensland Reconstruction Authority (and the Queensland Reconstruction Board)
- South Bank Corporation (and the South Bank Corporate Board)
- South East Queensland Housing Supply Expert Panel
- South Queensland Defence Advisory Board
- Townsville Industrial Development Board.
The objectives, roles and responsibilities of these bodies vary and are often defined by legislation.
You can find out more about government boards, their membership and what they do through the Register of Appointees to government boards.
Last updated: Monday, Apr 19, 2021