Our service areas
We're working to shape Queensland’s future by driving economic growth and enabling well-planned, inclusive and resilient local communities.
We connect with industry, businesses, community and government at all levels to create place-based solutions that leverage regional strengths and unlock sustainable growth. Success is:
- a future-focused, innovative, well-planned and diverse economy
- growth in investment and priority industry sectors
- coordinated, integrated, interconnected opportunities for regions, industry sectors and the private sectors
- leveraged opportunities to maximise jobs for Queenslanders in developments, priority industries and associated supply chains, and circular, localised economies
- sustainable, capable and accountable local governments enabling thriving local communities.
Mike Kaiser leads our department, supported by a capable team of highly experienced leaders in the public service.
The department’s priorities are drawn from the ministerial charter letter and are set out in our strategic plan.
Information about the department’s budget, spending and financial management practices.
Information about our corporate governance framework that guides how we make decisions and manage resources.
Queensland Government boards, committees and other government bodies that sit within our minister’s portfolio.
Last updated: 03 May 2022