Economic Development Queensland's role is to:
- Plan for development: EDQ engages with state and local governments to identify areas of land for development. These are called Priority Development Areas (PDAs). PDAs are planned for development that provides residential, commercial, industrial and/or community development opportunities.
Learn more about PDAs
- Assess development applications: Once a PDA is declared EDQ may undertake the assessment of development applications within a PDA.
Learn more about development applications
- Develop infrastructure: EDQ works with local governments and the private sector to identify and facilitate development of infrastructure.
Read about infrastructure planning and funding
- Develop urban areas: EDQ's urban projects aim to add value to local areas, by redeveloping underutilised government-owned land and taking it to market, to facilitate private industry development.
View EDQ's development projects
- Develop residential areas: EDQ undertakes a range of regional and residential projects to assist communities to better utilise land. We partner with industry to bring new, affordable land to market.
View residential land for sale
- Develop industrial areas: EDQ develops, sells and leases industrial real estate throughout Queensland. Our industrial portfolio covers almost 20,000 hectares of land including fully developed estates and undeveloped parcels.
View industrial land for sale
- Develop commercial areas: EDQ works with state government agencies and our partners to develop land in mixed use urban renewal precincts, including commercial, education and innovation precincts.
View commercial land for sale
EDQ Advisory Panel
The EDQ Advisory Panel is made up of 13 industry leaders with a diversity of skills, experience and background to enable full and adequate consideration of development-related matters and provide advice to the Economic Development Board and EDQ Senior Leadership Team. Its role includes:
- considering business and project related issues of strategic importance and complexity
- facilitating debate and supporting enhanced outcomes
- sharing market expertise and best practise to contribute to EDQ’s commitment to market leadership.
Learn more about the Advisory Panel and its members ( 3.1 MB).
Last updated: 06 Dec 2022