Grads Growing Queensland
The future of Queensland is happening right now, and we want you to help us shape it.
Bring your skills from any of these disciplines to help us shape Queensland as it thrives and grows, and we will make sure you do too:
- Environmental science
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Political Science/Government
- Project Management
DSDSILGP offers multiple opportunities:
- Graduate Business Support Officer
- Graduate Economic Development Officer
- Graduate Engineer**
- Graduate Ethics Officer
- Graduate IT/Data Officer
- Graduate Planner*
- Graduate Policy Officer
- Graduate Project Manager
To be eligible for this program you must have:
- completed at least an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 qualification (a Bachelor degree), or higher
- completed your most recent degree between 1 January 2021 and the commencement of the program in February 2023
- the right to work in Australia under Commonwealth law, for example be an Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, permanent resident, or other valid visa holder with work rights.
- Graduate Planners* must have graduated from a Planning Institute of Australia program
- Graduate Engineer** requires a Washington Accord accredited four-year degree in Engineering Civil or equivalent, recognised by Engineers Australia.
At the Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning (DSDILGP) we're committed to your growth and career development but don’t take it from us…
Why the Grads Growing Queensland program?
The Grads Growing Queensland program is designed to help you grow your capabilities in the Queensland Public Sector while helping us to realise our purpose.
We help you grow, and you help grow Queensland!
Grow your career
Grads Growing Queensland is a 12-month program that will equip you in your transition from study to full-time employment. Engage in a comprehensive program of development, get on-the-job experience, learn from a mentor, your supervisor and colleagues and participate in tailored formal training workshops.
We are driven by our purpose which is to think ahead and act now to secure responsible economic development and develop liveable communities. Start your career with unique, interesting, and rewarding work that supports the prosperity of Queensland.
We offer competitive salaries, including up to 12.75% super and flexible working arrangements. We have a genuine focus on employee health and wellbeing and an environment that values diversity and cultural capability.
We’re the department that future-senses. Queenslanders rely on us to scan and make sense of the economic road ahead. We’re the economic development department, relied upon to work with industry, the community, and researchers to bring about and sequence the big economic shifts. We live in a community, not just an economy. Securing our liveability while we develop our economy is challenging, but essential.
Partnerships with our customers and stakeholders are important to us, as we work to deliver policies, programs and services that support industry while reflecting the needs of the broader community.
We are a high-performing department of approximately 1,000 employees, with offices located throughout Queensland!
Want to know more?
Want to know more about the department and graduate program contact us email@example.com.
Last updated: 16 Sep 2022