Strengthening South East Queensland West
The South East Queensland (SEQ) West region covers the local government areas of Ipswich City Council, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Somerset Regional Councils as well as the Brisbane City Council suburbs south of the Brisbane River. This diverse region is forecast to be one of the state’s fastest growing regions with the population predicted to double over the next 20 years. This strong population growth combined with a large supply of future industrial land will result in significant medium to long term job creation. Agriculture, manufacturing, defence and transport are expected to remain strong contributors to the regional economy.
Our SEQ West regional office is one of 11 regional offices across Queensland supporting businesses to mature, grow and invest.
Support is facilitated via via one-on-one interactions, information, presentations and workshops (both online and face-to-face).
A number of pre-recorded sessions are also available on how to promote your businesses’ products and services to others.
323,119 (June 2018) – projected to increase to 635,507 by 2036.
Labour force 160,833 (unemployment rate 6.5% March 2019)
Note – figures exclude Brisbane City Council suburbs south of the Brisbane River.
- Ipswich is the fastest growing city in Queensland
- Springfield the largest master planned city in Australia
- construction of Rheinmetall’s MILVEHCOE
- expansion of the RAAF Base Amberley to be Australia’s largest defence logistics hub
- Lockyer Valley, Australia’s most important food bowl
- Scenic Rim’s tourism and agriculture scene
- advanced manufacturing
- health care and social assistance
- food product
- metal product
- chemical, cleaning and polymer
- transport equipment and parts
- technical equipment and appliance
- non-metallic mineral product
- saw mill, wood and paper product
- beverage product
- pharmaceutical product
- education and training
- retail trade
- accommodation and food services
- property services
- Kalfresh regional food processing precinct
- Brisbane Valley protein precinct
- construction of inland rail
Local content activities
View all upcoming events and opportunities on the events page including:
- mentoring services
- industry briefings supporting businesses at all stages of project supply chains
Contact our South East Queensland West regional office to find out more.
Last updated: 18 Jan 2022