Industry Partnership Program
The Industry Partnership Program is the next evolution of Queensland’s approach to industry development.
The Industry Partnership Program will invest $350 million over four years to continue to grow and create jobs across a number of priority industry sectors such as hydrogen, biofutures, biomedical, defence, aerospace, space, resource recovery and METS.
We’ll work with business, industry and research institutions to tailor flexible incentives that facilitate cross-sectoral opportunities, unlocking growth in multiple industries or supply chains, and having a broad impact on the economy.
Incentives can be non-financial and financial offered in assistance packages developed specifically to suit each project. The range of assistance may include:
- case management for individual high-value and complex projects to assist with facilitating approval processes, whole-of-government liaison and coordination of infrastructure requirements
- leveraging government assets such as infrastructure and land, and considering rental assistance
- leveraging government procurement where appropriate by entering into product supply and offtake arrangements
- supply chain coordination and assistance, such as business capability development, business and supplier matching
- leveraging external co-funding programs to maximise support available to projects
- advocacy such as policy and strategy development, major project development, government liaison, marketing and promotion, and research
- fiscal incentives such as payroll tax reimbursements and relief from other State fees and charges
- financial incentives such as cash reimbursement grants, interest-free or concessional loans.
Industry Partnership Program funding is being progressively committed and is supporting initiatives such as:
- Fortescue Future Industries’ green hydrogen facility near Gladstone
- Visy Industries’ upgrade to its Gibson Island material recovery facility
- a Translational Manufacturing facility at the Translational Research Institute to provide hands-on training and advanced manufacturing capabilities to build Queensland’s biomedical workforce
- additional funding support for the Building Acceleration Fund to accelerate economic recovery through a co-investment in additional catalytic infrastructure projects around the state
- additional funding support for the Hydrogen Industry Development Fund.
Program funding also continues to build Queensland's economic strengths through implementation of the priority industry roadmaps and strategies.
January 2023 update
The Industry Partnership Program is highly subscribed – we are actively processing and assessing existing applications.
If you have an existing application and would like to discuss it further, please contact your client manager or email email@example.com.
If you have a significant new opportunity, please contact the Industry Partnership Program team directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 27 Jan 2023