Make an SDA application or request
The Coordinator-General assesses and decides all SDA applications and requests within State Development Areas.
To submit an SDA application or request you may link through to the SDA application and request online form.
Alternatively, contact the Office of the Coordinator-General on 1800 001 048 or via email@example.com to obtain a hard copy.
Properly made application
An SDA application or request must be properly made to be accepted by the Coordinator-General.
To be properly made, an application or request must:
- be made in the approved form
- include all the required information (as specified in the relevant SDA application or request form)
- provide all supporting documentation (as specified in the relevant SDA development scheme)
- include payment of the relevant fee.
Before lodging an application, request or carrying out SDA self-assessable development, a proponent may request a pre-lodgement consideration of the proposed development.
This is a voluntary but strongly recommended stage of the development assessment process.
It provides proponents with an opportunity to discuss their proposal with the Office of the Coordinator-General and identify any problems that could affect the assessment of the application or request for SDA assessable development or the lawful undertaking of SDA self-assessable development.
A request for a pre-lodgement consideration may involve either:
- a request for formal pre-lodgement consideration of a proposed SDA application, resulting in formal written advice being provided to the proponent from the Coordinator-General or
- a request for informal pre-lodgement consideration of any proposed application or request or carrying out SDA self-assessable development.
To request pre-lodgement consideration of an application, request or carrying out SDA self-assessable development, do one of the following:
- email the Office of the Coordinator-General
- telephone 1800 001 048
- submit an online form by selecting the applicable SDA, then selecting 'Request for pre-lodgement consideration'.
Written consent of the owner of the land is required for certain SDA applications and requests. Where owner’s consent is required, a template is available to complete and submit with your SDA application or request. Please refer to the relevant SDA development scheme to determine if owner’s consent is required.
SDA applications and requests are subject to fees in accordance with the State Development and Public Works Organisation Regulation 2020.
The fees, as per the Regulation, include any fee increase which is made in line with the consumer price index (CPI). The CPI is based on the all-groups index for Brisbane published by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
These fees allow the Coordinator-General to recover some of the costs of assessing the application or request.
Fees must be paid at the time the SDA application or request is lodged.
For more advice on fees and how to pay them please review the Guideline to state development area fees ( 186.7 KB)
Last updated: 21 Sep 2023