It is strongly recommended that, before lodging an application for a 'coordinated project' declaration, project proponents schedule a pre-lodgement meeting with the Office of the Coordinator-General (OCG).
Ideally, the meeting should be held at least four weeks before the application is lodged.
Purpose of meeting
The pre-lodgement meeting is intended to clarify application requirements, thereby preventing any unnecessary delays to the Coordinator-General's consideration of the application and potential declaration of the project.
It is also intended to initiate discussion of environmental impact assessment timeframes and the quality of the information necessary to properly assess the impacts of the proposed project.
Pre-lodgement meetings are not intended to pre-empt the Coordinator-General's final decision on an application for a coordinated project declaration.
Topics of discussion
Pre-lodgement meetings are an opportunity for the proponent and OCG to discuss, among other things:
- assessment process, including timeframes
- EIS or IAR assessment pathway
- content of IAS
- requirements of financial and technical capability statement
- pre-feasibility assessment requirements
- terms of reference for the environmental impact statement for project
- criteria under section 27 of the State Development and Public Works Organisation Act 1971
- approvals, including any alternative approval pathways
- expected date of the final investment decision
- high-risk, sensitive or contentious matters or impacts
- possible referral of project to the Australian Government.
Record of meeting
Meeting notes will be taken by a representative of the OCG and a summary will be forwarded to the proponent.
Free, no obligation
Pre-lodgement meetings are free and do not oblige a proponent to subsequently lodge an application for a coordinated project declaration.
Request a meeting
- Coordinated projects and the impact assessment process fact sheet ( 158.2 KB)
- Application requirements for coordinated project declaration ( 676.8 KB)
- Overview of fees for coordinated projects ( 162.0 KB)
- Proponent information acknowledgement ( 51.5 KB) (signed by proponents following lodgement of application for declaration)
- Guideline for preparing an environmental impact statement ( 238.1 KB)
- Example of a recent terms of reference non-resource project ( 307 KB)
- Standardised outcome-focused conditions for resource projects ( 324.5 KB)
- Generic draft terms of reference - resource projects ( 268.2 KB)
- Generic draft terms of reference - non-resource projects ( 266.2 KB)
- Social impact assessment guideline ( 307.0 KB)
- Overview: management and enforcement of Coordinator-General conditions for coordinated projects ( 131.0 KB)
Last updated: 18 Oct 2023