Our goal is to help the Queensland aerospace industry to be recognised as a leading centre in Australia and South East Asia for aerospace innovation by 2028.
- 45 businesses from across Queensland shared in more than $515,000 to achieve internationally recognised industry certifications through round two of the Defence and Aerospace Industry Development Fund
- 140 people attended 5 defence/aerospace industry capability workshops
- 1692 participants (including online) attended 13 events promoting defence supply-chain opportunities across 10 Queensland locations
- 3 major events promoted Queensland aerospace capability: RotorTech 2021 and 2022 and the World of Drones and Robotics Congress 2021
- Released the Queensland Defence, Maritime, Aerospace and Space Industry Skills Plan and refreshed the Aerospace Roadmap April 2022.
Queensland aerospace roadmap
The Queensland Aerospace 10-Year Roadmap and Action Plan ( 12.4 MB), identifies new opportunities and solutions to continue to accelerate growth in both the civilian and defence aerospace sectors and to create sustainable jobs well in the future.
The Queensland Government has a long term vision to capitalise on opportunities to help support aerospace businesses and position the state as an aerospace hub within the Indo-Pacific region.
This vision includes our $3.34 billion Queensland Jobs Fund which will help to drive growth and jobs creation within the aerospace sectors.
The Fund is a one stop shop for investors who can easily access a suite of flagship industry development programs specifically designed to help them grow and prosper. The suite includes the $350 million Industry Partnership Program which is focussed on creating jobs across a number of priority industry sectors including aerospace.
The Queensland Government is committed to supporting the state's rapidly developing and innovative aerospace industry.
Aerospace is the technology and support systems that enable flight of all civil and military aircraft – aeroplanes, helicopters and uncrewed aerial systems. It includes the design, development, manufacture, modification, testing, operation and maintenance of flight vehicles and their on-board and ground systems.
Queensland is already well-known as an aviation hub of the Indo-Pacific region, attracting a number of global leaders in the civil and defence aviation area. Queensland's existing strength in aviation gives the state a distinct advantage for further development in the aerospace sector.
Last updated: 23 Jan 2023