Working for the department
We’re invested in Queensland. Our vision is to create a thriving and inclusive Queensland, where the economy, industry and communities prosper. We work to improve productivity and provide opportunities for all Queenslanders so that they can enjoy a better quality of life.
We support the Queensland Government’s priorities for Queensland. We work to create jobs in a strong economy through attracting and stimulating private sector investment in our state.
We do this by striving to:
- Lead a coordinated and strategic approach to Queensland’s medium to long-term economic development
- Attract and stimulate investment in Queensland to grow the economy and create secure, long-term jobs
- Create a diverse, productive and sustainable economy for a fairer Queensland
- Enable the development of public and private infrastructure projects that provide enduring benefits
- Create well-planned Queensland communities that are prosperous, resilient and sustainable.
Working with us
We are invested in our people; they’re the key to achieving our vision for Queensland. We’re committed to creating a thriving and inclusive workplace, where people are respected, have the opportunity to fulfil their potential, and deliver the best possible outcomes. We achieve this by creating a diverse workforce and by living our values. This enables us to harness our strengths and deliver better outcomes for Queensland.
Our culture charter ( 774 KB) sets out the standard we expect of each other. It guides our decisions and unites us as a team. Our service charter ( 692 KB) reflects our customers-first value and sets our standard of care for customers and stakeholders, both internal and external. As public servants we are committed to the highest ethical, professional and service standards in the delivery of outcomes for the people of Queensland.
We strongly value collaboration – with each other, with our partners, and with our stakeholder and customers. We also:
- recognise the power of diversity to broaden perspectives and improve outcomes
- value and respect differences and the diversity of thought and experiences they bring
- welcome people representing all genders, ethnicities, ages, languages, sexual orientations
- welcome people with disability and family or other responsibilities.
As public servants, we’re committed to the highest ethical, professional and service standards in the delivery of outcomes for the people of Queensland.
We are proudly a White Ribbon Australia-accredited workplace. We are committed to preventing violence and supporting employees affected by domestic and family violence (DFV).
Employment benefits include:
- competitive salary and superannuation, including up to 12.75% employer superannuation contributions
- generous leave entitlements, including leave loading up to 17.5% (and five weeks’ leave and 14% leave loading for employees in Far North Queensland)
- a range of salary packaging options
- opportunities for professional development
- a genuine focus on employee health and wellbeing
- flexible work hours and work arrangements (where it does not conflict with operational requirements)
- an environment that genuinely values diversity and cultural capability and is an equal opportunity employer.
Careers with us
We employ people in a variety of roles, including:
- economists and economic development officers
- policy analysts
- program and project officers and managers
- urban and regional planners
- corporate roles such as solicitors, human resources professionals, accountants, media and communications professionals, administrators etc.
Key capabilities that we seek include:
- economic strategy development and leadership
- commercial opportunity development
- investment execution
- policy and legislation
- stakeholder relationship management
- grant and contract management.
Headquartered at 1 William Street Brisbane, the department includes a network of 15 regional offices that work directly with local industry, stakeholders and government.
Find a vacancy
Vacancies are advertised on the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and careers website.
Last updated: Tuesday, Oct 1, 2019