Business Case Development Framework
The Business Case Development Framework ( 634 KB) ensures a consistent and rigorous approach to proposal development, enabling decision-makers to compare investment opportunities.
The framework guides business case investment proposals through three stages:
- Stage 1: Strategic Assessment - conception
- Stage 1 guideline ( 708 KB)
- Stage 1 template ( 309 KB)
- Stage 2: Options Analysis - generating and analysing options
- Stage 2 guideline ( 1.2 MB)
- Stage 2 template ( 581 KB)
- Stage 3: Detailed Business Case - detailed analysis of the preferred options.
- Stage 3 guideline ( 1.3 MB)
- Stage 3 template ( 777 KB)
Our Business Case Development Framework integrates with frameworks and infrastructure investment systems at both state and national levels. It is scalable and can be applied to all infrastructure proposals. It provides fit-for-purpose guidance recognising the different needs, assumptions and considerations for business case analysis.
You can also view further guidance on the Business Case Development Framework:
- Investment logic mapping guideline ( 535 KB)
- Benefits management guideline ( 759 KB)
- Stakeholder engagement guideline ( 511 KB)
- Cost-benefit analysis guideline ( 661 KB)
- Social impact evaluation guideline ( 1.0 MB)
- Business Case Development Framework fact sheet ( 5.1 MB)
Last updated: 09 Nov 2021