SEQ City Deal – Governance and Implementation Framework
The South East Queensland (SEQ) City Deal is a partnership between three levels of government with the aim of supporting jobs, improving connectivity and preserving and enhancing the South East Queensland region’s liveability.
The processes established through the signing and implementation of the deal will improve capacity for collaboration between three levels of government on solving problems and grasping opportunities for future years as the 29 deal commitments commence and are completed.
To support the three levels of government to continue their collaboration on delivery, decision-making and performance outcomes for the Deal, a management framework has been established.
Governance and reporting
The SEQ City Deal has an established governance and reporting structure that has evolved as the deal has progressed. This is led by the SEQ City Deal Leadership Group, which consists of:
- Australian Government, Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government
- Queensland Government, Deputy Premier, Minister for State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning and Minister Assisting the Premier on Olympic and Paralympic Games Infrastructure
- Chair, Council of Mayors SEQ (CoMSEQ), the Lord Mayor of Brisbane
The SEQ City Deal Leadership Group are supported by the SEQ City Deal Executive Board. The Board ensures decisions being considered align with broader government policies, and comprises senior officials from:
- Australian Government, Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts
- Queensland Government, Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning, and
- Council of Mayors (SEQ)
An Industry Reference Group will enable formal engagement and input from relevant private sector and peak bodies on the implementation of the SEQ City Deal.
As commitments progress further information will be regularly communicated to demonstrate delivery against milestones.
For further enquiries related to the SEQ City Deal contact email@example.com
Last updated: 14 Jul 2023