Queensland Superyacht Strategy
Queensland’s beautiful coastline and world-class marine environments are the envy of the world, and among our state’s leading tourism attractions. These advantages, along with our skilled workforce and excellent marine infrastructure, make us a prime location for superyacht activity.
The Queensland Superyacht Strategy 2018-23 ( 2 MB) sets out our support for growing this high-value industry under four priority action areas:
- supportive, clear and well-communicated policy
- promote infrastructure to facilitate industry growth
- promote Queensland as a global superyacht destination
- support and develop Queensland’s superyacht supply chain.
The Superyacht Strategy envisions that by 2023, Queensland will be recognised as the Asia-Pacific region’s key superyacht hub with its share of the global superyacht market having increased by 10%. This growth is expected to create thousands of new highly skilled jobs across the state and contribute hundreds of millions of dollars to our state’s economy.
Superyacht Industry Development Fund
The Superyacht Industry Development Fund supports Queensland’s small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) and not-for-profits in the superyacht supply chain to:
- acquire internationally recognised industry certification and accreditation that enhance their ability to win superyacht contracts
- engage with overseas markets and international supply chain opportunities, including increasing participation at international trade shows.
The second round of the fund opened on 17 December 2019 with two streams of funding available.
Stream 1: Industry Certification and Accreditation
Applications for stream 1 funding closed on Friday, 14 February 2020.
Stream 2: International Market Engagement
Stream 2 is paused due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Fund recipients 2018-2019 (Round 1)
Recipients from the 2018-2019 funding round are:
- Gold Coast City Marina and Shipyard (Coomera)
- Rivergate Marina and Shipyard (Murrarie)
- Abell Point Marina (Airlie Beach)
- Seaspec Marine Services (Coomera)
- Trinity Fire Services (Cairns)
- Carter Marine Agencies (Cairns)
We’re committed to fostering emerging and priority industry sectors with global growth potential. Sectors like the superyacht industry help to diversify our state’s economy and create the knowledge-based jobs of the future. Find out about Queensland’s other priority industry sectors.
Last updated: Wednesday, Aug 26, 2020