2022-24 Local Government Grants and Subsidies Program
The 2022-24 Local Government Grants and Subsidies Program (LGGSP) is a competitive, application-based grant program available to all Queensland councils.
The 2022–24 LGGSP budget totals almost $86 million, delivered over two financial years.
The aim of this program is to provide funding assistance to support councils to deliver priority infrastructure and essential services that meet the identified needs of their communities.
The objectives of the 2022-24 LGGSP are to support eligible projects that:
- deliver priority infrastructure projects
- align with State, regional and local priorities
- contribute to building safe, connected and liveable communities
- contribute to economic growth and employment
- maintain and extend the functional life of existing infrastructure assets
- encourage collaboration and resource sharing between local governments.
- All projects must be completed by 30 June 2024.
- Applications open 13 December 2021
- Applications close 5pm, 4 March 2022
- Announcements expected from late-April 2022
Information sessions for councils
The department has arranged information sessions for councils about the LGGSP application process. The first session will be held on 13 January 2022 and the second session will be held on 20 January 2022. Both sessions will be held online and will cover the same content.
The information sessions will provide details on:
- program overview;
- application process; and
- addressing the assessment criteria.
An opportunity for questions and answers will also be provided.
Councils should contact their designated departmental Regional Advisor with any questions about the information sessions.
Forms and resources
- 2022-24 LGGSP Guidelines ( 308.5 KB)
To submit an application, councils must use the online application form on the eGrants Portal.
Cairns Office 07 4037 3400 or 4037 3409
Townsville Office 07 4758 3472
South East Office 07 5352 9711
Toowoomba Office 07 4616 7313
Maryborough Office 07 4122 0410
Rockhampton Office 07 4924 2908
Last updated: 04 Jan 2022