2021-2024 Flying-Fox Roost Management in Queensland Program
The Department of Environment and Science (DES) is delivering $2 million in grant funding over four years that will assist Queensland local governments to mitigate the impacts of flying-fox roosts on their communities and better support residents and businesses to co-exist with flying-foxes.
The program is being delivered through six competitive rounds over four years (2021-2024), enabling councils to access funding twice annually over this period.
As councils are at different stages of the flying-fox roost management process, the grant program provides funding through three distinct but complementary streams.
- Stream 1: Immediate/high-priority actions—grants to assist councils to carry out immediate high-priority works while longer-term arrangements are developed.
- Stream 2: Development of roost management plans—grants to assist councils to develop long-term roost management plans for their local government area (LGA). Management plans will address particular problem roosts and provide a holistic guide to adaptive management options for roosts over the entire LGA.
- Stream 3: Implementation of roost management plans—grants to assist councils to implement roost management actions (identified within their management plans) to mitigate the impacts of flying fox roosts and encourage their communities to co-exist with flying-foxes.
Round 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 of the program have closed and successful applicants have been selected. For further information on Round 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 please refer to the DES Flying-Fox Roost Management—Local Government Grants Program page.
Round 6 - Forms and resources
- 2021–24 LGFFRMP Round 6 Guidelines – Stream 1 ( 217.9 KB)
- 2021–24 LGFFRMP Round 6 Guidelines – Stream 2 ( 223.2 KB)
- 2021–24 LGFFRMP Round 6 Guidelines – Stream 3 ( 222.9 KB)
Round 6 - Key dates
- Applications closed on the 8 September 2023
- Expected announcement of successful applicants – December 2023
How to apply
Complete and submit your application on the Department’s eGrant portal.
For further information regarding eligibility requirements and advice on preparing an application, please contact the Department of Environment and Science at email@example.com or visit the DES website.
Last updated: 10 Oct 2023