With design influencing more than 70% of a product’s final cost, increased use of design principles in manufacturing will help manufacturers:
- lower costs
- bring products to market faster
- be more competitive
- grow and employ more Queenslanders.
That’s why the department has developed the Design in Manufacturing seminar series, an initiative of the Queensland Advanced Manufacturing 10-Year Roadmap and Action Plan ( 5.6 MB).
The seminar series aims to:
- raise businesses’ awareness of the importance of design in manufacturing
- highlight the opportunities for advanced manufacturers arising from the use of design and engineering analysis software, new materials and advanced manufacturing techniques in a digitised economy
- identify sources of advice and information that will strengthen businesses’ design capability
- showcase the benefits of incorporating design principles and practices in manufacturing production and processes.
Nine seminars will be run over three years for manufacturers operating across Queensland.
Registration details and session information for 2018 and 2019 will be published soon.