The Queensland Government is committed to building a new economy—one that is strong and diversified, builds on the state’s competitive strengths and generates the knowledge-based jobs of the future.
The Advance Queensland Industry Attraction Fund has been designed to attract businesses to Queensland, either to relocate or establish new projects in the state. The fund will support jobs creation, regional growth, increased innovation and the building of local supply chains.
The fund will target a wide range of innovative and emerging industries to invest in Queensland. These include the Department of State Development’s six priority industry sectors of:
- advanced manufacturing
- mining equipment, technology and services.
Other key Queensland industries such as education, tourism and agriculture will also be targeted. The fund is a whole-of-government initiative, coordinated by the Department of State Development to ensure a seamless service for clients across all industry sectors.
Principles and criteria
All project proposals seeking financial assistance through the fund will need to meet a clear set of principles and criteria, there will be a rigorous assessment and approval process, and a well-defined contract management and reporting framework. This will ensure that any financial incentives flow through to the wider community and result in a net benefit for Queensland.
How we can assist industry
To further this economic vision, the Department of State Development is actively engaging with companies, with the aim of encouraging the relocation and establishment of new projects, or reinvestment and expansion of existing operations in Queensland. The Department of State Development works closely across government and with private sector agencies to provide a Queensland one-stop-shop approach for advice, information and facilitation support.
The type of facilitation support that may be provided can include:
- providing the business case information as to “Why Queensland” – delivering information addressing project requirements, business costs, skills availability and other business investment drivers
- identifying suitable site options reflecting project requirements
- providing streamlined access to government services
- coordinating pre-lodgement meetings and giving advice on the development approval process to expedite approvals and reduce red-tape barriers
- providing advice and provision of contacts or introductions to universities and various service providers such as property groups, utilities, education and training organisations, raw materials suppliers and other organisations to allow business to effectively expand in the state.
Queensland is the place for innovation, enterprise and industry. With a strong and diverse economy, Queensland has all the competitive advantages making it the best location to invest and grow your business.
With an abundance of natural resources, the state has ready access to raw materials supported by comprehensive transport networks and infrastructure. Queensland’s skilled workforce is equipped to sustain emerging industries, and the support of world-class universities and training institutes will ensure the supply of future workforce needs. Additionally, Queensland boasts an unrivalled proximity to the high-growth markets of the Asia-Pacific, and is home to an enviable lifestyle with a competitive cost of living.
The Queensland Government is unashamedly pro-business with a stable and supportive policy and regulatory regime. Queensland offers the lowest payroll tax rate in Australia, has economic commercial and industrial property costs, and low workers’ compensation premiums.
These benefits create endless opportunities across a range of sectors making Queensland the future of Australian business.
To register your interest to receive more information on release, please contact the Industry Attraction team.
- Tel: (07) 3452 7443
- Visit: Advance Queensland website