- The Albert Street Cross River Rail (CRR) PDA was declared on 14 December 2018 and an Interim Land Use Plan (ILUP) given effect.
- This PDA was declared at the request of the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority to assist with the delivery of the Cross River Rail Project.
- The Albert Street Cross River Rail PDA is approximately 3858 m2 in area and comprises two core land areas separated by the Albert Street road reserve.
- Cross River Rail is a 10.2 km rail line from Dutton Park to Bowen Hills, which includes 5.9 km of tunnel under the Brisbane River and Brisbane City Centre.
- The Albert Street CRR PDA Interim Land Use Plan will provide a planning framework for development above and adjacent to the new Albert Street underground rail station at the intersection of Albert and Mary Streets in the Brisbane Central Business District.
- The Minister for Economic Development Queensland has delegated certain functions and powers under the Economic Development Act 2012 to the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority including plan preparation and development assessment.
Albert Street CRR PDA Interim Land Use Plan
The Economic Development Act 2012 provides for a streamlined planning and development framework for PDAs to facilitate economic development, and development for community purposes.
Once a PDA is declared under the Economic Development Act 2012, a development scheme for the PDA must be prepared.
The development scheme will be subject to public notification during 2019. At this time, all interested parties, including the community, residents and business operators, will be invited to view the proposed development scheme and make a written submission.
Until the development scheme is finalised, development within the PDA will be regulated under the Albert Street CRR PDA ILUP.
Albert Street PDA regulatory map
Cross River Rail project
For further information on the Cross River Rail project please contact the Cross River Rail Delivery Authority or visit their website.