In a Priority Development Area (PDA), clearing vegetation (i.e. removal of the vegetation) may be regulated by the development scheme. If this is the case a PDA development application is required to be lodged, assessed and approved prior to clearing the vegetation.
In a PDA other than a Brisbane PDA, interfering with vegetation (e.g. pruning) may be managed by the local government under a local law.
In certain Brisbane PDAs, interfering with controlled vegetation is managed by EDQ under the Economic Development (Vegetation Management) By-law 2013 ( 479 KB)
- Application for permit to interfere with controlled vegetation ( 275 KB)
- Application for review of original decision to interfere with controlled vegetation ( 268 KB)
Controlled vegetation maps
- Bowen Hills map of controlled vegetation ( 1.39 MB)
- Northshore Hamilton map of controlled vegetation ( 1.63 MB)
- Fitzgibbon map of controlled vegetation ( 2 MB)
Last updated: 21 Oct 2021