How to make a submission
A submission is a written comment about a PDA development application. A submission can be made by any interested person, group or organisation.
To comment on a PDA development application, you must lodge the submission during the submission period for the application. The submission period is a minimum of 20 business days, and is specified in the notice in the local newspaper and on a sign on the land.
All submissions lodged during the notification period must be considered by the Minister for Economic Development Queensland or MEDQ delegate when deciding the application. A submission may object to or support all or part of the development application.
How to write a submission about a PDA development application
For details about writing a submission download How to make a development application submission factsheet ( 3.1 MB).
A submission should identify:
- the relevant development application by either:
- referencing the Development Application Number (e.g. DEV2020/123)
- including details of the street address for the proposed development or
- including the property description (e.g. Lot 1 on RP 234567).
- the planning issues associated with the development proposed in the development application, for example:
- potential traffic and car parking issues
- potential noise, over shadowing or light impacts.
- any aspects of the development you support.
Where to send your submission
If Economic Development Queensland (EDQ) is the MEDQ delegate the submission must be either:
Emailed to: email@example.com
Posted to: EDQ Development Assessment Team GPO Box 2202 Brisbane QLD 4001
If another entity is the MEDQ delegate the submission should be sent to that entity. Check MEDQ delegate
Making a submission about a proposed development scheme or amendment
Find out how to make a submission about a proposed development scheme or amendment.
Last updated: 15 May 2023