||Greenfield metallurgical coal mine with a yield of up to 8 million tonnes of product coal for approximately 30 years, for steel production.
||Winchester South Coal Operations Pty Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Whitehaven Coal
||Approximately 30 km south-east of Moranbah. Map
||Isaac Regional Council
- open-cut metallurgical coal mine
- mine infrastructure areas including workshops and a coal handling and preparation plant
- rail loop and train load out facility
- private access road
- raw water pipeline connecting to the Eungella pipeline network
- electricity transmission line from the existing power network
- on-site temporary construction accommodation camp
|Construction start date
- 500 (construction)
- 450 (operational)
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Environmental impact statement (EIS) process
||Draft terms of reference for EIS being prepared.
|17 April 2019
||Gazettal ( 247 KB) of ‘coordinated project’ declaration.
|14 February 2019
||Application, including initial advice statement ( 8.8 MB), submitted.
Read more about the EIS process.