Skip to content

Make an RTI or IP application

Before submitting a formal Right to Information (RTI) or Information Privacy (IP) application, you should check to see if the information is already available through:

We also recommend contacting our Right to Information team on (07) 3452 6949 or email to discuss the type of information you are requesting and whether it can be released without a formal request.

Apply to access non-personal information

If you need to make a formal RTI request you can do so in one of the following ways:

Applications under the RTI or IP Acts for documents held by local government councils must be submitted directly to the relevant local government council using the printable RTI application form. Refer to the relevant council’s website or contact the council for details on how to submit an RTI or IP application form to the council.

View the current fees and charges for RTI and IP applications.

Apply to amend personal information in documents

Under the IP Act, you may apply to amend documents containing your personal information that you believe is inaccurate, misleading, out of date or incomplete. You can do this after you have already accessed the information, normally through an informal request.

If you need to make a formal application to amend personal information, download the Information Privacy Personal Information Amendment Application form and submit a completed form to the department:

  • by email:
  • by post:

    Right to Information
    Department of State Development, Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning
    PO Box 15009
    City East, Queensland 4002

There are no charges for applications to amend personal information.

Last updated: 09 Nov 2021