The Department of State Development (DSD) supports the Queensland Government’s objectives for the community—to create jobs and a diverse economy by growing priority sectors, working collaboratively with industry, communities and all levels of government to attract strategic investment and stimulate economic growth.
We help build safe, caring and connected communities by funding critical economic infrastructure to improve regional liveability and providing on-the-ground support to lead economic recovery efforts following disaster events.
Our people are committed to the public service values and are working to enhance performance by empowering, supporting, recognizing and developing our staff; fostering a culture of collaboration; and engaging our people through communication, innovation, consultation and inclusion.
Join a dynamic team environment where your work will give you exposure to a variety of innovative projects and initiatives strategically aligned to the departments objectives.
The DSD employment experience includes:
- competitive salary and benefits (including up to 12.75 per cent superannuation contributions by DSD)
- generous leave entitlements
- a range of salary packaging options
- opportunities for professional development
- programs that support a healthy work environment
- flexible work hours and work arrangements (where it does not conflict with operational requirements)
- a workspace that supports and improves information sharing, stakeholder engagement, collaboration and productivity
- working in an environment that values diversity and cultural capability and is an equal opportunity employer.
Careers with us
We employ people in a variety of skill sets including:
- Public relations professionals
- Contract, Program and Project Administrators
- Liaison Officers
- Intelligence and Policy Analysts
- Economists and
- Corporate service professionals.
Headquartered at 1 William Street Brisbane, the department includes a network of 10 regional offices that work directly with local industry, stakeholders and government.
How to apply
Vacancies are advertised on the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and careers website.