Applications and requests relating to development within a state development area (SDA) are subject to fees in accordance with the State Development and Public Works Organisation Regulation 2010.
The fees, as per the Regulation, include any fee increase which is made in line with the consumer price index (CPI). The CPI is based on the all-groups index for Brisbane published by the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
These fees allow the Coordinator-General to recover some of the costs of assessing the application or request.
Fees must be paid at the time the application or request is lodged, otherwise the application or request may not be accepted by the Coordinator-General.
Applications and requests
The applications and requests to which fees apply are:
- request for formal pre-lodgement consideration
- SDA application for:
- a material change of use (MCU)
- an MCU under a minor assessment process
- reconfiguring a lot
- operational works
- request to change an SDA application
- change application for an SDA approval
- request to state a later currency period
- request to carry out prior affected development
- request for approval of a plan of subdivision.
It is important to note there are some variations in terminology used in the development schemes as a result of recent amendments to the State Development and Public Works Organisation Act 1971. For more information, read the Applications and requests ( 119 KB).
For more advice on fees and how to pay them please review the Guideline to State development area fees ( 107 KB).