The Regional Capital Fund is open to local governments of provincial cities and surrounding rural areas.
Local government eligibility has been determined on geographical grounds using the Australian Bureau of Statistics' (ABS) Remoteness Structure, which divides each state and territory into several regional categories, providing a measure of remoteness for each local government area.
Local governments eligible for funding under the Regional Capital Fund are those categorised by the ABS as predominately 'Inner Regional' and/or 'Outer Regional'. These include:
|Regional Capital Fund
Eligible local governments
|Cassowary Coast||Hinchinbrook||Scenic Rim||Townsville|
|Fraser Coast||Lockyer Valley||South Burnett|
Use the interactive web map to view project locations across Queensland. Alternatively, refer to the maps below:
- Building our Regions: Current Fund Areas ( 2.24 MB)
- Building our Regions: Round 1 Fund Areas ( 1.7 MB)
- Building our Regions: Round 1 Projects ( 1.6 MB)
- Building our Regions: Round 2 Projects ( 1.7 MB)
- Building our Regions: Supplementary Round Projects ( 1.6 MB)
- Building our Regions: Round 3 Projects ( 1.6 MB)