The role of Regional Economic Development Group is to lead the delivery of regional economic development outcomes by advancing and implementing policy and regional programs and economic development facilitation. We undertake this work independently, on behalf of and in partnership with a range of Queensland Government departments.
Our network of offices covers the regions of: Far North Queensland; North Queensland; North West Queensland; Central Queensland; Mackay/Isaac/Whitsunday; Wide Bay Burnett; Darling Downs South West; South East Queensland West, South East Queensland North and South East Queensland South.
Through the expertise of our regional teams on the ground we deliver a variety of services which include:
- developing and implementing regionally significant economy building initiatives
- delivering critical regional infrastructure projects through the Building our Regions funding program
- working closely with private sector proponents to facilitate projects from approvals through to construction and commencement of operations
- collaborating and supporting regional stakeholders
- promoting and growing regional supply chains by showcasing private sector and government projects, hosting events, and working with proponents and local suppliers to improve local capability and maximise local content
- supporting and progressing the economic recovery of regional communities impacted by economic hardship and natural disasters.
Please refer to the list of upcoming departmental workshops and seminars, to see how we can assist your business.