Register online now to reserve your place at Queensland's premiere major projects and infrastructure event.
The Major Projects Conference will be held at the Brisbane Exhibition and Convention Centre, Thursday 7 November, and is your key to keeping your finger on the sector's pulse, networking with industry leaders and harnessing business opportunities.
The one-day program will give conference-goers the opportunity to hear first-hand how leading resource industry executives view the commercial horizon.
In a coup for Queensland, Phil Ruthven, prominent business, social and economic strategist and futurist, is confirmed as the keynote speaker.
Mr Ruthven's expertise, as founder and chairman of IBISWorld–an international corporation providing online business information, forecasting and strategic services, gives him an enviable vantage point to predict future challenges and trends.
The conference will also feature sessions on the Queensland gas industry, the redevelopment of Brisbane's Government Precinct, coal in Queensland and Queensland ports, including strategies for export.
Conference registration is great value and includes:
- full access to the extensive one-day program featuring high profile speakers, topical sessions and valuable networking opportunities
- one complimentary copy of the Major Projects Map
- a 12-month subscription to the inaugural Major Projects App.
- Standard registration $595 (GST incl.) per delegate.
Stream the conference – New for 2013
Regional industry members interested in the Major Projects Conference Queensland who are unable to travel to Brisbane can stream a webcast of the event.
- Webcast delegate registration $249 (GST incl.) per delegate. Limited to only 200 registrations. Webcast delegates will receive a web address, user name and password to access streaming of the plenary sessions. This package does not include the streaming of the breakfast, lunch or closing function. Catering is also not included in this registration package.
University student registrations
University students can attend the conference at a discounted rate. Learn about major projects in Queensland and expand your networks.
- University student registration $95 (GST incl.) per delegate. Limited to only 25 registrations.
- attendance at all conference sessions
- the Major Projects Map 2013 (one copy#)
- twelve months subscription to the Major Projects App (one subscription)
- welcome breakfast*
- morning tea*
- conference lunch*
- closing networking function*
- delegate satchel
- access to on site trade displays*
# Each additional copy of the Major Projects Map 2013 may be purchased for $25.00 (GST incl.). Maps purchased at the time of registration will be distributed from the conference registration desk.
* Webcast delegates will not be able to access or attend the welcome breakfast, morning tea, conference networking lunch and closing networking function.
Attending the conference
- On arrival delegates are to register at the registration desk in the foyer of the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre. The registration desk will open at 6.30 am and remains open until 6 pm.
- It is recommended you arrive and register early to be part of the breakfast and hear the welcome address.
- Upon registration delegates will receive their name badge and delegate satchels. We ask delegates to wear their name badge at all times during the conference. This badge ensures your entry into conference sessions, functions and tradeshow.
The following networking events are included in the registration fee for delegates attending the conference:
7.20 am - 8.30 am
Great Halls 3 and 4
1.00 pm - 2.30 pm
Great Halls 3 and 4
Closing networking function
4.30 pm - 6.00 pm
Note: The above times are subject to change in the lead up to the conference.
Changes to your delegate registration
Registration cancellation policy
The Major Projects Conference Queensland 2013 has negotiated discounted rates with various hotels near the conference venue in Brisbane. To receive the special Major Projects Conference Queensland 2013 rates, please make your booking through the Conference online registration and accommodation portal and select the third tab search by hotel. As you will be required to guarantee your accommodation, please ensure you have your credit card details ready (please note payment will not be made at this point in time). Please check the cancellation policy with your preferred property prior to booking.
Accommodation changes and cancellations
Where your accommodation booking was made directly with the hotel, you will be subject to the chosen hotel's terms and conditions for accommodation amendments and cancellations. This information is displayed on the relevant property's details pages (see cancellation policy).
- All registration prices are per person, in Australian Dollars (AUD) and include GST.
- Payment must accompany your registration. Invoices will be issued on receipt of a completed registration form.
- Your registration cannot be confirmed until payment is received.
- Payment must be received by 27 September 2013 to receive the early bird discount, otherwise the standard fee will be charged.
- Cheques or bank drafts must be in Australian currency, drawn by an Australian bank and free of all charges, made payable to Ozaccom Pty Ltd.
- Payment by credit card is acceptable. Please note that debits to your credit card will appear as Ozaccom Pty Ltd – Conference fees on your statement.
- Payment may also be by electronic funds transfer. Please ensure the amount transferred is equal to the total due including any bank charges. To enable prompt allocation of your payment, please fax remittance advice to +61 7 3854 1507 immediately after the transfer. Please ensure that your name and invoice number are included on the transfer notice. Please refer to your tax invoice for account details.
- A tax invoice will be forwarded to all delegates on receipt of a completed registration form. ABN: 29 230 178 530.
Should you require further assistance with your registration or accommodation, please contact our delegate support team Ozaccom+:
Toll free tel: 1800 814 611
International tel: +61 7 3854 1611 (free)
Fax: +61 (0) 7 3854 1507