In this edition:
- Destination Brisbane Consortium announced as preferred proponent
- A new entertainment precinct
- Frequently asked questions
- Facebook page
Destination Brisbane Consortium announced as preferred proponent
Congratulations to the Destination Brisbane Consortium who were announced as the preferred proponent of the Queen's Wharf Brisbane Integrated Resort Development. The consortium comprises Echo Entertainment Group, operators of Brisbane's existing Treasury Casino, Far East Consortium (Australia) and Chow Tai Fook Enterprises.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the development would change the city and provide iconic infrastructure that would enhance Brisbane's place on the international stage.
"This decision will mark the largest staged construction development in Brisbane City since the evolution of South Bank," she said.
State Development Minister Dr Anthony Lynham, Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk, Echo Entertainment's Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Matt Bekier, Member for Brisbane Central Grace Grace and Echo Entertainment's Managing Director Queensland Geoff Hogg (Photo: Twitter/Nick Wiggins, 4BC)
The Destination Brisbane Consortium is proposing:
- New premium hotel rooms operating under five new brands to Brisbane
- A spectacular Sky Deck with restaurants and bars, fully accessible to the public
- A new pedestrian bridge to South Bank
- Significant event space
- A large number of retail facilities across the precinct
- A light and water river show
- Three new residential buildings.
Site works are anticipated to commence in 2017 and completed in approximately 2022.
A new entertainment precinct
Frequently asked questions
Don't forget to visit the Queen's Wharf Brisbane Facebook page.