The Queensland Government has developed the Mary Valley Economic Development Strategy aimed at revitalising the Valley and restoring community stability.
- Mary Valley Economic Development Strategy - summary ( 100 KB)
- Mary Valley Economic Development Strategy - full public version of the report ( 1.58 MB)
The main components of the strategy include:
- economic development - development of existing economic and agricultural units and future opportunities supported by government programs and assistance
- preparatory work required to support economic development activities and get properties ready for sale
- divestment - an initial two-year program of sales focusing on properties that foster economic development, complemented by a base sales program
- property management - management of the existing property portfolio.
Registrations of interests for the Economic Development program are now closed, as these properties are either sold, under development lease or under negotiations.