The Jobs and Regional Growth Fund provides one-off financial assistance in either direct grants or relief of state charges (e.g. payroll tax and stamp duty). Financial assistance is provided for the following:
- projects that require direct and immediate assistance to help progress development
- greater assistance for more developed businesses to expedite or facilitate expansion of operations
- development of common user infrastructure opportunities that underpin the development of multiple projects.
Applications are assessed under an appropriate set of criteria. This includes how the proposal will generate:
- regional benefits
- ongoing employment benefits
- sustainable economic development
- additional investment from other sources such as the private sector, the Commonwealth and/or local government
- any broader benefits
- value for money.
Businesses need to provide a sufficient level of information to demonstrate how the application meets the assessment criteria.
Applications undergo a preliminary assessment before deciding whether they progress to a detailed assessment and due diligence process.
How to apply
Applications for assistance are invited directly from businesses. For more information on how to apply, contact us:
- Phone: 1300 785 106