We are working to ensure that Queenslanders have ready access to the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other essential products needed to deal with COVID-19 and any future pandemics.
To also protect against future supply chain disruptions it is also important that Queensland’s PPE and other essential products manufacturing sub-sector becomes well established and is supported through local procurement.
The department has prepared a Directions Statement: Personal Protective Equipment and Other Essential Products which provides a whole-of-government approach to support the development of a sustainable and internationally competitive local PPE and other essential products manufacturing sector in Queensland.
The directions statement covers four focus areas:
- supporting a local approach to procurement
- driving skills and capability development
- increasing productivity and improving international competitiveness
- assisting the onshoring and reshoring of manufacturing activities.
Local manufacture of PPE and other essential products will minimise our reliance on overseas suppliers, create job opportunities and boost the Queensland economy.
- Directions Statement: Personal Protective Equipment and Other Essential Products ( 1.1 MB).
- The Essential Goods and Supply Chain Program which supports Queensland manufacturers to increase their PPE and other essential products manufacturing capability.