Activity on site started to increase following the announcement of Watpac as the managing contractor on 1 May 2017. Preparatory site works have included:
- site compaction testing
- temporary settlement trials to determine how the ground reacts to imposed loads
- preparations for safe demolition to occur
- demolition of existing structures on the site
- temporary site fencing.
The civil works program over the coming months will include:
- site establishment
- the transportation of 90,0000 cubic metres of fill to the project site
- compaction of fill
- general civil earthworks.
The raising of the ground will be achieved by placing fill in prescribed depths and then compacting them. This is repeated multiple times until full depth is constructed. This will generally range between 1.0m to 1.5m in height.