To lodge an application for a declaration to the Building and Development Dispute Resolution Committees, you must provide written notice to the Registrar using Form 10 - Application for appeal or declaration and pay the prescribed fee.

An application must be lodged within the timeframes prescribed in the Sustainable Planning Act 2009. The timeframes after receiving the notice are for an applicant seeking a declaration about:

A declaration about whether a request for compliance assessment has lapsed may be commenced at any time.

The timeframes for assessment managers are the same as above, except for: