- Council: Whitsunday Regional Council
- Fund: Royalties for Resource Producing Communities Fund
- Category: Cultural, Sports and Recreational Infrastructure
- Round: 2
Collinsville Showgrounds will be upgraded, boosting tourism and flow-on spending in the town by creating an RV friendly park area.
This project is stage 1 of the Collinsville Showgrounds Precinct Master Plan to revitalise the Collinsville Showgrounds by:
- developing a 2000m2 hardstand area, constructing fencing, upgrading site services and undertaking beautification works to upgrade the showgrounds’ RV park area
- installing interpretive signage, potable water reticulation, picnic shelters, tables and new fencing around the main area
- Construction of a new 8m x 5m amenities block including toilets and showers.
The project will create a popular tourist drive destination providing an important economic boost to local business.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
Read more about the benefits the Revitalisation of the Collinsville Showgrounds Upgrade ( 262 KB) is delivering.
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.