- Council: Weipa Town Authority
- Fund: Royalties for Resource Producing Communities Fund
- Category: Water/Sewerage/Waste Infrastructure
- Round: 1
Residents of Lorim Point and Evans Landing will have access to disinfected potable water through this project that also delivers two upgraded pump stations and completes major water and sewerage infrastructure upgrades in Weipa.
Total project cost
* Average number of Full-Time Equivalent (FTE) jobs supported by project construction (based on Queensland Treasury's Guidelines for estimating FTE jobs directly supported by the capital works program).
- This project is estimated to save $140,000 per year in operating and maintenance costs—savings that can used for improving services in other critical infrastructure areas.
- As a result of Building our Regions funding, the Town Authority will invest $1.5 million into other important work such as the sewer relining project.
- The project will provide the community with access to a safe water supply, and help reduce or eliminate the risk of non-compliance with the Australian Drinking Water Quality Guidelines.
- The risk of residents and visitors being exposed to waterborne disease will be significantly reduced.
- Increasing sewerage storage will improve emergency response times and reduce the risk of environmental damage through overflows.
- On-site safety will be improved through removing the need for confined space entry to undertake pump/equipment maintenance.
- Refurbishing of pump stations A and E.
- New pumps and switchboards.
- Disinfected potable bore water for Lorim Point and Evans Landing.
Disclaimer: Information on this page may change over the life of the project. Funding amounts referenced are as approved.