The State Development Assessment Provisions (SDAP) sets out the matters of interest to the State for development assessment, where the chief executive administering the Sustainable Planning Act 2009 (SPA), being the Director-General of the Department, is responsible for assessing or deciding development applications.
SDAP is prescribed in the Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009 (SPR), and contains the matters the chief executive may have regard to when assessing a development application.
It is a statutory instrument made under SPA, and has effect throughout the state for development applications where the chief executive is the assessment manager or a referral agency.
SDAP is structured in the following way:
- Part A: Introduction and policy context
- Part B: Application and operation
- Part C: Fast track framework
- Part D: State codes and other matters
This part is broken into:
- 19 modules
- 25 state codes.
When submitting a development application to SARA, the applicant is required to demonstrate how the application complies with the applicable state code(s) in SDAP. There are two ways an applicant can determine which state code(s) apply to their development application:
- Part B of SDAP includes two tables that provide assistance to applicants to determine which state codes may apply, or
- Links to the relevant module of SDAP are provided to an applicant through MyDAS, the online application preparation and lodgement system. These links are provided through MyDAS once the system makes a recommendation as to which integrated development assessment system (IDAS) triggers may apply to the development application.
SDAP is updated from time to time to reflect legislative and policy changes.
Applicants should address the version of SDAP which is current (i.e. has commenced) at the time they make their application to the assessment manager.
For more information refer to the SDAP fact sheet ( 114 KB).
The table below outlines the versions of SDAP made by the chief executive and given effect through an amendment to the Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009. Please note that new versions of SDAP are typically published for information purposes two weeks prior to their commencement.
|SDAP version||Date of publication||Date of commencement|
|SDAP version 1.7||2 November 2015||23 November 2015|
|SDAP version 1.6||6 July 2015||6 July 2015|
|SDAP version 1.5||10 October 2014||27 October 2014|
|SDAP version 1.4||20 June 2014||4 July 2014|
|SDAP version 1.3 ( 2.83 MB)||9 May 2014||16 May 2014|
|SDAP version 1.2 ( 2.28 MB)||11 April 2014||28 April 2014|
|SDAP version 1.1 ( 2.23 MB)||22 November 2013||2 December 2013|
|SDAP ( 4 MB)||20 June 2013||1 July 2013|
State code response templates are available for applicants: