The Bromelton SDA regulation map ( 1.9 MB) defines the boundary of the SDA.
The Bromelton SDA designation map ( 598 KB) forms part of the development scheme and identifies the precincts within the Bromelton SDA.
Industry precincts within the Bromelton SDA account for approximately 1800 hectares and include land designated for:
- rail dependent industry
- major industry
- major industry sub-precinct.
Examples of suitable industries include:
- large-lot industrial uses requiring direct access to the national standard-gauge rail network
- freight and logistics operations (major intermodal freight terminal)
- medium- and large-scale manufacturing and warehousing activities with road and/or rail requirements
- industry support services, freight and logistics/transport servicing depots
- high-impact and difficult-to-locate industries that require separation from non-industrial uses due to the potential for off-site impacts (in the major industry sub-precinct).
Other precincts within the Bromelton SDA provide for:
- a Bromelton local service centre to accommodate limited retail and commercial activities
- rural enterprise to provide for established industry, rural industry, extractive industry and compatible rural activities
- separation between industrial activities and sensitive receptors
- rural uses to provide for agricultural production and rural living that does not compromise existing or future industrial uses in the Bromelton SDA.