||'Significant project' declaration repealed by Coordinator-General.
||A 1100-kilometre high voltage direct current transmission line connecting Queensland's North West Minerals Province to the National Electricity Market
||IsaLink Pty Ltd (Cheung Kong Group is the major shareholder)
||The transmission line would extend from Rockhampton to Mount Isa to the Ernest Henry Mine near Cloncurry
- Barcaldine Regional Council
- Central Highlands Regional Council
- Cloncurry Shire Council
- Isaac Regional Council
- Longreach Regional Council
- McKinlay Shire Council
- Richmond Shire Council
- Rockhampton Regional Council
- Winton Shire Council
- transmission line
- 2 x converter stations (at connection to national grid and at, or near, Ernest Henry Mine)
- upgrade of existing alternating current transmission line between the mine and Mount Isa
- 70-metre-wide corridor
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Environmental impact statement (EIS) process
|24 September 2012
||‘Significant project’ declaration repealed by Coordinator-General.
|25 January 2008
||Gazettal of 'significant project' declaration ( 87 KB)
|4 December 2007
||Application, including initial advice statement ( 2.33 MB), submitted.
Read more about the EIS process.