||‘Coordinated project’ declaration cancelled by Coordinator-General
||Underground gas transmission pipeline from the Queensland border, south of Camooweal to Mount Isa.
||APT Pipelines Limited
||Queensland border, south of Camooweal (north-west Barkly) to Mica Creek 6 km south-west of Mount Isa. Map
||Mount Isa City Council
- $1.15 billion (For the project's full Queensland and Northern Territory alignment)
- $1.35 billion (including the gas processing facility, if required)
- construction of a 173km, 12-20 inch diameter high pressure underground gas transmission pipeline, buried at varying depths between 600mm – 1200mm
- above ground infrastructure such as a pipeline inspection gauge, launcher/receiver facility (scraper station), main line valves and compressor station
- temporary construction facilities such as pipe laydown areas and camp sites
- gas processing facility (if required, the facility would be located in Queensland or the Northern Territory)
|Jobs (for project's full Queensland and Northern Territory alignment)
- 350 - 450 (construction) (Construction of the gas processing facility will require an additional workforce of 100- 150 people)
- 1 - 2 (operational)
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
Environmental impact statement (EIS) process
|13 June 2016
||'Coordinated project' declaration cancelled by Coordinator-General.
|2 November 2015
||Terms of reference ( 245 KB) for EIS released.
|7 September 2015 to 6 October 2015
||Draft terms of reference ( 240 KB) for EIS public consultation.
|4 August 2015
||Gazettal ( 253 KB) of 'coordinated project' declaration.
|17 July 2015
||Application, including initial advice statement ( 24 MB), submitted.
Read more about the EIS process.