|EIS status||Recommended project proceed subject to conditions and recommendations|
|Description||Raising of the Hinze Dam embankment by 15 metres, increasing the capacity of the dam by nearly 150,000 megalitres, to 309,000 ML.|
|Proponent||Queensland Bulk Water Supply Authority, t/a
|Location/s||15 km south-west of Nerang. Map|
|Local government/s||Gold Coast City Council|
* Project information supplied by proponent and subject to change.
The dam underwent its first fill and was commissioned (tested) in 2011, the same year the new recreational facility and visitor centre was opened to the public.
The compensatory habitat strategy, first implemented in 2009, will continue to be actioned through to 2012.
Key environmental impact statement (EIS) documents
- Amendment to Coordinator-General's report on EIS ( 23 KB), June 2008
- Coordinator-General's report on EIS ( 1.56 MB), October 2007
- Supplementary EIS, August 2007
- Environmental impact statement, June 2007
- Terms of reference for EIS ( 405 KB), April 2007
- Initial advice statement ( 5.18 MB), August 2006
Since the publication of the Coordinator-General's report on the EIS, the proponent has applied for changes to the project.